Deciding to alter your breast size may have a substantial impact on your overall appearance. At The Sendi Cosmetic Surgery Center, Dr. Susan K. Buenaventura and her skilled team are ready to answer all your questions and help you understand all your options and make an informed decision.
If you are looking to re-balance your look, we are happy to offer you surgeries that meet your goals and use the highest safety standards.
Breast Augmentation for an Improved Look
This procedure is also known as augmentation mammoplasty. Breast augmentation is a surgery using implants placed under the chest muscles or breast tissue to increase the breast size. It is a popular plastic surgery that uses improved techniques and materials to give you natural-looking results. It also empowers breast cancer survivors to rebuild their life and look and feel great again.
Methods of Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation methods differ depending on your preferences, needs, and budget. Your surgeon will use the most appropriate method for your case.
The most common methods for breast augmentation include:
- Natural Breast Augmentation - This method increases the size of your breasts using your natural fat cells. The surgeon will use liposuction to remove fat cells from other areas of the body. The fat cells are then purified and added to your breasts. This process is useful for small-scale breast enlargement as well as touch-ups for breast cancer patients. Fat cells are commonly placed in the following areas: the lower fold of the breast, armpits, or areola.
- Breast Implants – This method uses tiny, discreet incisions and minimal handling of the implants to reduce post-treatment complications. The plastic surgeon may use saline, silicone, or silicone gel implants before you choose, the surgeon will explain each type and recommend one for you. The feel and cost of each material differ, and so you need to ask questions and fully understand which option is right for you before you proceed.
Am I a Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation?
In general, a healthy person without significant medical issues may be a good candidate. However, a consultation for plastic surgery will determine your qualification for this procedure.
Qualified people for this surgery usually have one of these issues:
- Lost breast volume after pregnancy, breastfeeding, or weight loss
- Asymmetrical breasts
- To enhance the breast shape
- To reposition their areola and nipples
- Improve self-confidence
What is Breast Reduction Surgery?
While many women dream of having fuller breasts, sometimes very large ones can cause daily discomfort. Reducing breast size can help eliminate pain in the back, neck, or shoulders.
To decrease your breast size, you will need to start with a visit to the surgeon. During your consultation, the clinical team will take your measurements and discuss your symptoms. In addition to pain elimination, breast reduction helps relieve uncomfortable indentations in the shoulders that usually result from inadequately fitting support garments.
Does Breast Reduction Lift the Breasts?
Yes, it does. This surgery gives you two advantages in one step. Breast reduction procedure eliminates excess skin and reshapes the remaining tissue for a more youthful and natural look.
How Long Will It Take Me to Recover From Breast Reduction?
Recovery time depends on the size of your scars, how much breast tissue was removed, and how long the surgery took. You might feel a little sore for a few days after the surgery. However, full healing usually takes six to eight weeks. After that, you can return to exercising and regular activity.
Exceptional Breast Augmentation and Reduction Services in Alexandria, VA
At The Sendi Cosmetic Surgery Center, we perform excellent breast augmentation and reduction surgeries using the latest technologies on the market. Our minimally-invasive approach offers you fast healing and less scarring.
If you are looking for cosmetic breast surgery, Dr. Buenaventura has the experience to help you accomplish satisfying results. She always ensures you receive the individualized care you deserve, and personalized, safe care.
Our compassionate staff is here to help you achieve your cosmetic treatment goals. Call us for more information or to schedule your consultation.